Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Xmas is Overrated

I know, I know. How COULD I?? The happiest period of the year, when you can get away of literally EVERYTHING that annoys you to death -- school, work, friends...you can even let you pet die "by accident (I don't recommend it though).

So why am I having anti Xmas feelings??

Well, for starters, this is my first year as a divorcee's kid. So, you know, while all the families are ice skating and drinking hot chocolate like in the commercials, I was dealing with a very drab atmosphere at the dinner table for Christmas Eve, little brothers complaining about a supper they didn't help prepare and all. Then, my Mom felt sick, and I ended up doing my hair and watching The Nutcracker and Sleeping Beauty (ballet versions, duh) with the poor Mommy.

Then, I drowned my murderous mood from such a sucky time in front of several episodes of Gilmore Girls, before being ousted to my bed around 1:20 AM.
 
The next day, I was to sing in the choir at church (you can guess how I feel about that, right?) and boy did I feel jolly. After my brothers were picked up by my father, my Mom and I waited for friends to bring us to their place for an informal Christmas bash, from where I'm writing to you right night.

By Christmas wasn't excellent in many ways, but at least I was in god company and I felt OK.

At least there was a flicker of some Holiday cheer.

I guess it wasn't all that bad, come to think of it. But still, Christmas is kind of overrated. How many snow-mans can you have? How many blinding lights? Why can't we send that money to people wh can't celebrate this festive time because they're trying to survive?? (JUST SAYING!!!)

Anyhow, Christmas was over 18 minutes ago...

I guess I can be my bitchy self again now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment