Friday, October 12, 2012

The Bus Chronicles: Little Princess

You meet the most interesting people in public transportation... You'd be surprised the stuff that I come up with when I'm sleep deprived and I have nothing better to do but spy on the poor soul that just want to get to their destination...


I saw the cutest little princess on the bus today
A little sleeping beauty in her own right
Her skin was sandy beige, her hair mighty red

A little pink to brighten her eyes,
A bouquet of white roses as headband
Flashing fuchsia on her tiny nails

Little Pocahontas loafers with beaded eagles
that soar as high as her bubble gum dreams
A chunky ring, maybe the legacy of some forever lost dynasty

She slept so peacefully when she made her escape
Would that be a tear I see, my fair little lady?
Or just the broken remains of wonder faraway?

She walked away 
She swayed away

She left and I had to remember 
That the cold breeze of October
Is maybe what lead me to believe
A young woman, a stranger

Could be a little fairy princess
Or a baby sleeping beauty

   

No comments:

Post a Comment