Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ashraff

Yesterday, on my never ending quest to knowing what I want to do with my future, I met a nice middle-aged  man from Bangladesh named Arshraff. (And I'm so sooo sorry if I get the name wrong --which I  most likely WILL get wrong).

He is a very nice street vendor in the Toronto area.

He seems really interested by the fact that most people in Canada, seeing it's a country of immigration, speak two or more languages.

I even received a nice history lesson about how Pakistan was separated from India by the British, and then Pakistan and Bangladesh split too.

And most of all, he has a sense of humor. A street vendor sense of humor, that is. Here's an excerpt of a conversation he had with my friend S.

Hello Sir.

Hi there.

Could I get a water bottle?  

Sure.

How much is it?

How much do you want it to be?

(After a few seconds to ponder the issue)
Can I get it for free?

No.

I don't know why I wrote this. I just really thought Ashraff was cool. Oh, AND he said I was pretty :) (In a non creepy way though).


No comments:

Post a Comment